Welcome to the House of Needlepoint!
***** ALICE PETERSON TRUNK SHOW ~ 20% OFF Now ~ Wednesday, August 29th *****
STITCH OF THE MONTH
The Leigh canvas above comes painted on beige mesh which lends itself to decorative open background stitches. The stitcher worked her piece with two shades of silk to create this beautiful water background.
TIP OF THE MONTH
Traveling With Needlepoint – Helpful Accessories to Bring Along
Make a quick stop at HON to get all
the supplies you need for your end of
the summer travels.
* Foldable scissors and thread cutters work well on planes. They won’t be confiscated by TSA.
* A magnet affixed to your canvas hold your needles and scissor secure. We carry plain and embellished varieties.
* Don’t forget extra threaders since they are easy to lose. We suggest sewing it onto the canvas you’re working on. Also put several needles in your coin purse so you’re never without.
* Working on a belt? Pack a tape measure so you can measure the lucky recipient. A package of Canvas Clips will keep your belt canvas neatly rolled up except for the length you’re stitching.
* Finally don’t forget a small project like a belt or ornament that fit in our small plastic kit keeper bags. We also carry larger bags for bigger projects.